“By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.” Hebrews 13:15
Palm Sunday. Good Friday. Easter. More than token dates, the calendar reminds us of things we often overlook or forget. Is it possible to go through a day without recalling the sacrifice Jesus made for our sin? Yes..I have and I do. And when I realize what I’ve forgotten, I frantically look for things to sacrifice, give up, or do, to make up for my memory lapse.
But the verse above states cleary that praise and thankfulness are the sacrifices God prefers. Not things. I don’t have to crawl on my knees, scrape my knuckles, or save the world. I am to Praise Him. Thank Him. In everything, through everything. Always.
So, today, I want to thank Him in some areas which I
frequently almost always forget to acknowledge Him in–His merciful provision and care over my physical body:
21. Being born in the last half of the 20th century…otherwise, I’d be dead already..
22. Soft contact lenses
23. Orthodontic work (some have this for ‘fun’–I needed it!)
24. Asthma medicine (see #21)
25. Antibiotics (Seriously, would you want your blood drained like they did in Sense & Sensibility?)
26. Skin cancer detection (see #21)
27. Um..other cancer detection measures (see #21 again)
28. Dentists and *most* modern dental procedures
29. American medical care (at least, for now)
30. Anesthetics (that help with #27, 28, and lots more!)
In light of so much, I can’t help but be thankful!!! And as I give thanks, I continue to pray for many others struggling with their health. Starting with Kate. Will you join me in thanks and prayer today? The list goes on and on….next week