“I’m not going to complain about the flooding in our basement anymore!”
That’s what my husband said last night after we watched video after video of the tsunami devastation in coastal Japan. There’s something about the difficult plight of others that puts our own into perspective. Apart from the earthquake and flood damage, the greatest loss many Japanese people are experiencing today is the loss of their loved ones. They are lifting buildings and cars, digging up sand and rubble, searching frantically everywhere, for spouses, children, friends and neighbors.
So, with each breath today, I give thanks and pray. Please join me in both.
“..in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6
Words will, no doubt, fail, as I abound in thankfulness for my family and friends. I wouldn’t be me, without these:
11. My wonderful Husband of 35 years, John! I love you.
12. Our precious daughters, Joy, Hope and Grace! Gifts from God.
13. Our priceless grandchildren, Jonathan and Eva! Double blessings.
14. Their terrific husbands, Steve, Andrew, and Dan! True sons.
15. My MOM! Her life, love, and service is ALL a Christian woman and mom should be and more.
16. My Dad Sam. He’s been with the Lord for 9 years, but his affect on my life never ends.
17. My mother-in-law, Dot, a lifelong student of God’s Word.
18. My husband’s BIG family, who’ve enriched this only child’s life.
19. Forever, lifelong, friends–YOU know who you are. 🙂
20. Dear new friends, in person and online, whose encouragement is unceasing.
and, an extra for today that’s a bit ad hoc, but I’m thankful all the same,
21. Samaritan’s Purse! An organization, a family in Christ, who are anywhere and everywhere! They were in Haiti before the earthquake, and are still there. And they already have people on the ground in Japan. I trust them to get money, resources, and other assistance right to where it’s needed. I’m so thankful for Samaritan’s Purse, and I imagine, today, a lot of Japanese people are too.
I could keep going..and I will, next week. For now, suffice it to say, I am Thankful. Period.
to all who enter here
The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change
to all who enter here