It dawned on me that Monday is probably the worst day, and the best, to write a thankful list. The worst day, because my brain is on slo-mo, and needs a second cup of cream with coffee to get charged. And it’s the best day, because when I count my blessings (‘name them one by one’), the week gets off to a better start!
Without further ado…today I am thankful for the things that get my morning going:
31. Coffee, already brewed by my wonderful husband
32. Spurgeon’s Morning by Morning Devotional (part of my day for over 8 years)
33. The Bible (deserves a post all to itself–HERE)
34. Specifically, the NASB Bible which I’ve used since 1972
35. More specifically, the NASB Bible my husband gave me in 1977 while we were in Okinawa
36. The precious highlighting my daughters did throughout the Bible when they were very little
37. The Presentation page (with highlights from #36):
38. Spurgeon’s, Our Own Hymn-Book, a great companion to the Word
39. Bic pens that make my handwriting look pretty
40. Two journals: One messy, one neat. I need both.
What are you thankful for as you begin this new day, which, itself, is a gift from God?
Join me and others here: