I truly love to read, so I can’t wait to get started! Some books are already in my ‘library’, but others, I will have to purchase. I’ve provided a link for each book, in case you want to know more about them. Here’s my hopeful list for the year:
- Dug Down Deep, Josh Harris. His latest.
- Broken-Down House, Paul David Tripp, His latest too. In Progress
- Spurgeon’s Sermons, Vol 1. I have all 5 volumes, so I NEED to get through at least one this year
- The Valley of Vision, Arthur Bennett. I’ve read excerpts but not its entirety.
- The Pilgrim’s Progress, John Bunyan. One of my favourite re-reads. In progress!
- Before Green Gables, Budge Wilson. A prequel to the Anne of Green Gables, written in the same tone as the series by Lucy M Montgomery–I’ve already started this one. For fun! DONE and Reviewed!
- Little Dorritt, Charles Dickens. I saw the BBC mini=series of this and now HAVE to read it! How did I missed this Dickens classic?? In progress!
- Lecture to My Students, Charles Spurgeon. I’ve read so many quotes from this book, that my interest is truly peaked!
- Anne of Avonlea, Lucy Maud Montgomery. For Fun!
- Transforming Together: Authentic Spiritual Mentoring, Ele Parrot. I met Ele at a Finisher’s conference and want to learn more from her wise and gentle spirit.
- Jonathan Edwards: A Life, Prof. George Marsden. I want to learn more about this inspirational and acclaimed Puritan preacher and writer.
- Captain Horatio Hornblower, C. S. Forester. Another tale I’ve seen on BBC, and now must read, especially since I’ve owned the book for over 40 years!
- A Shelter in the Time of Storm, Mediations on God and Trouble. Paul David Tripp. I just added this and am already reading it!!
What’s missing? “Much!” But some books that I read regularly aren’t listed above, such as The Bible, and Spurgeon’s devotional, Morning by Morning.
What say you? Any favourites that you recommend? My list is not hard and fast (for the most part), so I’d love to hear about any recommendations and ‘must-reads’ in your book!